Monday, August 9, 2010

Montana is Beautiful

I now understand why people live in Montana. It really is very beautiful. We have had some fabulous views during our rides worthy of being on a postcard or displayed on your wall. Two days ago we had our second to last build day in Missoula. We were working in a development called Potter Park where all the streets were named after things or people in Harry Potter. It was pretty cool and Paige would have been going crazy there since she was absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter. There are a few streets I saw where I didn't know where the name came from and I'm sure she would have been able to tell me instantly. We did a lot of different projects at the build site. There were three houses being worked on so we were doing everything from drywall (again) to priming, which was what I was doing. Missoula was very pleasantly surprising. It turns out to be extremely bike friendly and overall a pretty cool place to be. I wrote the journal entry for the Bike & Build website for our day into Lincoln so you can read that to learn more about that day (it will be posted here: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/route.php?route=P2S&year=2010). Yesterday we had an interesting ride into Superior, MT because we had to spend a few small sections on I-90. The first section was fine because we had a giant shoulder and the speed limit is only 5mph higher than on the other roads we've been on. The second section had several bridges where we pretty much lost the shoulder that were a lot more exciting. Because of the uneasiness the interstate caused yesterday we are shuttling today to Wallace, ID. We would have had to be on the interstate for over 30 miles going up a mountain. I think it was a good decision and I'm perfectly happy to spend as little time on I-90 biking as possible. To be clear it is legal to bike on the interstate out here if it is the only way from A to B.

No comments:

Post a Comment